Nelson Lumber Company Ltd., a progressive, well-established, 100% Canadian-owned with operations throughout Western Canada for over 70 years; has an exciting new position; Account Manager - GSD opportunity in Edmonton, AB. The ideal candidate will be a person with an appropriate level of Drywall, Insulation and Steel Products sales experience to join our fast-paced team. We would prefer it if the successful candidate could start as soon as possible.
This position is in Edmonton and reports directly to the Sales Manager of Nelson Lumber. This includes but is not limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Knowledge of building materials, specifically; Drywall, Insulation and Steel Products.
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery to meet customer needs and aims.
- Strong customer service skills, investigating and troubleshooting customer service issues.
- Quoting and writing orders for building projects.
- Manage leads, opportunities and individual sales portfolios within company CRM.
- Able to respect confidential information, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Prospect business from new and existing customers.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Create and maintain builder relationships, handle inbound and unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Other duties as required.
Possession of the following skills and qualifications would be a definite asset:
- An acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Must take ownership of core responsibilities as assigned at Nelson Lumber and communicate effectively with all operations.
- The desire to complement Nelson Lumber’s sales team, communicate well, maintain organization, be highly efficient and be accurate.
- Organizational ability and attention to detail to manage multiple accounts at one time.
- Time management and multitasking skills to transition among client accounts easily.
- Previous experience in estimating building materials is required.
Compensation will reflect the successful applicant’s skills and abilities and will be negotiated once the individual is selected.
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No overtime
- Weekends as required – trade shows and inventory
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We look forward to hearing from you