Nelson Homes located in Lloydminster, Alberta has an immediate opening for an Architectural Draftsperson. This is a full-time position with hours Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and occasional weekends depending on workload.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Produce technically accurate architectural drawings for single and multi-family residential that reflect the applicable Building Codes and the National Energy Code.
- Liaison between sales, engineers and customers to accurately complete the drawings so that manufacturing can transition the drawings into production.
- Manage and maintain the Nelson standard plans.
- Design and develop new home models.
- Occasionally travel to meet with customers.
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Be very personable, outgoing, self-motivated, responsible, and hard working with a very high standard to produce drawings in a timely fashion.
- Be proficient in producing accurate and detailed architectural drawings.
- Have a thorough understanding of structural design for residential construction
- Have a thorough understanding of the National and Alberta Building Codes including the National Energy Code. Working knowledge of other building codes would be an asset.
- Be extremely organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Be fluent in Microsoft applications.
Will be based on experience.
COVID precautions are in place & are adhered to.
We look forward to hearing from you