Nelson Lumber Company Ltd., a progressive, well-established, 100% Canadian-owned company with operations throughout Western Canada for over 70 years; has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer who wants to join our fast-paced, creative & sensational team.
With customers across Canada & in the USA, Nelson Lumber is looking for someone who wants to enjoy personal growth alongside our ever-expanding business operations.
Contract services or remote work locations will also be considered for the right individual.
This position includes but is not limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Read architectural prints to create roof and floor designs for single-family, multi-family, and commercial projects.
- Wall panel design, work with customers and engineers to ensure all requirements are met on single and multi-family projects.
- Design and produce engineered drawings and layouts for roof, wall and floor designs.
- Have MiTek management experience
- Other duties as required.
Possession of the following skills and qualifications are required:
- Good mathematical ability including but not limited to basic trigonometry, fractions, geometry and architectural units.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Minimum 2 plus years overall design experience.
- Must take ownership of core responsibilities as assigned and communicate effectively with all operations.
- The desire to complement our sales team, communicate well, maintain organization, be highly efficient and be accurate.
Compensation and position will be reflective of the successful applicant’s skills and abilities and will be negotiated once the individual is selected.
Working knowledge of MiTek Sapphire & Management are required, AutoCAD experience would be considered an asset.
We look forward to hearing from you