The Lloydminster Store location of Nelson Lumber has an exciting opportunity for someone with a business development background, an aptitude for strategically identifying business growth opportunities, and the ability to broker their successful implementation. Nelson Lumber sees the immediate need for this role and intends on deploying this resource as soon as possible.
This position will report to the Nelson Lumber Lloydminster General Manager, AB but can be based elsewhere, such as Edmonton, AB. The Business Development Sales Representative will be required to strategically direct the sales effort at Nelson Lumber by executing the responsibilities listed below:
- Work with the Lloydminster General Manager to identify and strategically pursue all target First Nation customers extensively in the Northern Alberta and Saskatchewan markets and develop strategies for acquiring and maintaining their business.
- Successfully sell Ready to Move (RTM’s) homes, building materials and all other Nelson Lumber products which support renovation work with First Nation communities.
- Analyze new products and product lines to ensure that Nelson Lumber is offering the fullest and most successful array of products to our customers.
- Work with Lloydminster General Manager and other sales team members to assess existing customer needs and satisfaction levels in order to maintain customer loyalty and identify the potential for growth.
- Cross sell other Nelson Lumber products and materials to First Nation communities.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver sales driven targets.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and annual KPI’s as developed by Nelson Lumber
- Promote the “Nelson” brand through marketing programs.
- Ensure the underlying consistency of all “Nelson” marketing, media, and promotion.
- Participate in the Lloydminster area approach to Nelson’s internet and social media strategy, ensuring a current and attractive presence.
Possession of the following skills and aptitude would be a definite asset:
- The ability to exercise functional leadership.
- A progressive background in sales, marketing, and promotion particularly with knowledge of the building material supply chain, wood product manufacturing process, home package distribution process, and home manufacturing industry.
- The ability to interact effectively with people of all backgrounds and roles.
- Insight and understanding of business development strategies toward securing business with First Nation communities
- A high energy, career-focused personality with passion for success and accomplishment.
A competitive compensation structure with a lucrative uncapped commission is available.
We look forward to hearing from you