The Edmonton Division of Nelson Lumber is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our Sales Team in our Contract Sales Department. The best candidate will be someone with a sales background, an aptitude for strategically identifying business growth opportunities, and the ability to broker their successful implementation.
This position will be located in Edmonton, AB and will report to the Edmonton General Manager. The Contract Sales Representative will be required to strategically direct the sales effort at Nelson Lumber by executing the responsibilities listed below:
- Work with the General Manager to monitor all target customers extensively in the Edmonton market and develop strategies for acquiring and maintaining their business
- Analyze new products and product lines to ensure that Nelson Lumber is offering the fullest and most successful array of products to our customers
- Work with the General Manager to assess existing customer needs and satisfaction levels in order to maintain customer loyalty and identify the potential for growth
- Develop, maintain, and deliver sales driven targets
- Promote the “Nelson” brand through marketing programs
- Ensure the underlying consistency of all “Nelson” marketing, media, and promotion
- Participate in the Edmonton area approach to Nelson’s internet and social media strategy, ensuring a current and attractive presence
Possession of the following skills and aptitude would be a definite asset:
- Be very personable, outgoing, self-motivated, responsible, and hard working with a very high standard of customer service
- Be extremely organized with the ability to multi-task
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the customer service or sales industry
- Have a strong construction background and have a thorough understanding of residential and light commercial wood frame construction
- Knowledge and understanding of blueprints
- Be fluent in Microsoft applications
- Excellent time management skills and prioritizing ability
- The ability to interact effectively with people of all backgrounds and roles
- High energy, career-focused personality with a passion for success and accomplishment
Compensation will be base salary plus commission which will be reflective of the successful applicant’s skills & abilities & will be negotiated once the individual is selected.
COVID-19 considerations: Our staff and customer safety is important to us at Nelson Lumber. We have implemented social distancing at our lumber counter, sanitize stations throughout the store, and practice social distancing with all our customers, and staff.
We look forward to hearing from you