Nelson Lumber Company Ltd., a progressive, well-established, 100% Canadian-owned with operations throughout Western Canada for over 70 years; has an exciting Finishing Sales Representative opportunity in Edmonton, AB. The ideal candidate will be a person with an appropriate level of Finishing Carpentry & Sales experience to join our fast paced team. We would prefer if the successful candidate was able to start as soon as possible.
This position is located in Edmonton and reports directly to the Retail Operations Supervisor of Nelson Lumber. This includes but is not limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Knowledge of building materials, specifically Interior Doors, Mouldings & Hardware.
- Strong customer service skills, investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- High aptitude in understanding measurements and calculations in order to provide proper material take-offs.
- Blueprint reading, estimating/quoting building projects
- Able to respect confidential information, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Provide support to the contract sales team.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Create & maintain builder relationships, handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales
- Other duties as required.
Possession of the following skills and qualifications would be a definite asset:
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
- Must take ownership of core responsibilities as assigned at Nelson Lumber and communicate effectively with all operations.
- The desire to complement Nelson Lumber’s sales team, communicate well, maintain organization, be highly efficient and be accurate.
- Previous experience in estimating building materials required
Compensation will be reflective of the successful applicant’s skills and abilities and will be negotiated once the individual is selected.
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We look forward to hearing from you