Nelson Lumber Company Ltd. (Nelson Lumber) is proud to remain a locally owned and independent Alberta based business since its humble beginning in 1949. Since then our company has become one of the largest construction supply sales, wooden truss manufacturing, prefabricated home construction, and home package sales businesses in Western Canada. We harness our network of storefronts and manufacturing facilities to offer individuals, construction trade professionals, home builders and commercial construction contractors with all of their construction supply and manufactured wood product needs. We employ in-house sales and design professionals with the skills necessary to conceptualize, estimate, and deliver everything required to meet customer demands.
Nelson Lumber is in pursuit of a sales and operational management professional to succeed our current Regional General Manager of Nelson Lumber Lloydminster. This position is to be filled by someone with a sales and business development mindset, a background in operational management, and an ability to bridge both areas in order to meet customer needs, generate business growth, and ensure a profitable operation.
This position will be based at the Nelson Lumber Lloydminster branch located in Lloydminster, AB but will also indirectly oversee and frequent attend the Nelson Manufacturing Operation within the area. This Regional General Manager will report directly to the President and work constantly with the management of all other Nelson Lumber divisions in order to optimize the collective success of our entire company.
The successful applicant will be required to execute the responsibilities listed below:
- Monitor all target customers in the area extensively and develop strategies for acquiring and maintaining their business.
- Use existing systems and tools (and develop others as necessary) to stay consistently informed on the progress of sales and margin generated by the division. This information should then be used to foster best sales practices and overcome barriers to growth.
- Exhaustively monitor all competitors and remain fully informed on their business practices so that Nelson Lumber can effectively compete in the area.
- Assess existing customer needs and satisfaction levels in order to maintain customer loyalty and identify the potential for growth.
- Along with Corporate Management, set business strategies and sales targets/budgets, establish and measure against sales quotas, create sales incentive programs, evaluate effectiveness of sales resources, properly resource divisional sales teams, and maintain a sales resource succession plan.
- Along with Corporate Management, conduct regular divisional sales meetings to align the efforts of the divisional sales team, obtain intelligence on market conditions from the perspective of the sales force, harvest input from sales resources on all sales relate matters, and deliver sales strategies for implementation.
- Engage in the consistent execution of collective “Nelson” marketing, media, and promotional efforts.
- Oversee and ensure efficient and effective branch operations with respect to purchasing, inventory management, merchandising, material handling, and transportation.
- Oversee and ensure the accurate and timely execution of record keeping and administrative procedures.
- Effectively manage the working capital employed by and in the custody of the branch.
- Indirectly manage the efficient and effective operation of truss and wall panel manufacturing through production management and design staff.
Possession of the following skills and aptitude would be a definite asset:
- The ability to exercise leadership and effectively delegate responsibilities to people within the reporting structure in order to ensure proper follow through.
- A progressive background with knowledge of building materials and products, the building product supply chain, and the wood product manufacturing process.
- A self-starter with the proven ability to affect positive change in operational environments.
- The ability to rapidly identify / solve operational problems using organized and systematic methods.
- A perseverant personality which focuses on the accomplishment of long term and bigger picture goals.
- The existence of current business relationships with users of building supplies (i.e. home builders, commercial contractors and builders, construction trade professionals, First Nations communities, etc.)
- The capability to maintain a regular presence out of the office and in the greater Lloydminster market where Nelson Lumber does business and become a consistent personality visible to customers.
- A high energy, career focused personality with passion for following through, being successful and winning.
Note that this search will remain open until the most suitable candidate is located and selected. Although we thank all who may apply for this opportunity, only those individuals deemed to be most applicable will be contacted for further interaction.
We look forward to hearing from you