The Lloydminster Sales Manager for Nelson Lumber is a new growth position to be executed by someone with a strong sales management and business development background, an aptitude for strategically identifying business growth opportunities, and the ability to broker their successful implementation. Nelson Lumber sees the immediate need for this role and intends to deploy this resource as soon as possible.
This position will report to the Nelson Lumber Lloydminster General Manager, AB, based in our Lloydminster office. The Sales Manager will be required to strategically develop and execute various sales initiatives with the General Manager and Vice President of Sales. They will manage the daily efforts of a highly experienced and tenured sales team with an established customer base. New business development, strategic market penetration and growth across all verticals will be a primary responsibility for this position.
The Lloydminster Sales Manager will direct the sales efforts by executing the responsibilities listed below:
- Work with the Lloydminster General Manager to identify new growth initiatives and strategically pursue to capture increased market share.
- Develop strategies and targets for the sales team for new business development, increased revenue/margin with existing accounts, and conversion of competitor accounts.
- Create and execute strategies for the sales team with new product line offerings which align with the overall corporate objectives of Nelson Lumber.
- Achieve sales targets, goals, and objectives the Vice President of Sales set in conjunction with the Lloydminster General Manager. Ensure the Lloydminster sales team achieves their respective sales targets, goals, and objectives.
- Work with the General Manager and Vice President of Sales on sales budgeting and forecasting objectives.
- Ensure customer and sales activity is accurately captured in the CRM system and ensure diligent daily utilization by the sales team for accurate analysis reporting.
- Develop and effectively manage all KPI and sales reporting metrics of the sales team.
- Support the General Manager and sales team by fostering and nurturing relationships with all key accounts.
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and training of new sales team members
- Analyze new products and product lines to ensure that Nelson Lumber offers our customers the fullest and most successful array of products.
- Work with General Manager and other sales team members to assess existing customer needs and satisfaction levels to maintain customer loyalty and identify the growth potential.
- Cross-sell other Nelson Lumber products and materials within the Lloydminster market.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver sales-driven targets.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and annual KPIs as developed by Nelson Lumber
- Promote the “Nelson” brand through marketing programs.
- Ensure the underlying consistency of all “Nelson” marketing, media, and promotion.
- Participate in the Lloydminster area approach to Nelson’s internet and social media strategy, ensuring a current and attractive presence.
Possession of the following skills and aptitude are required:
- The ability to exercise functional sales leadership.
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated sales growth success progressively developing, managing and growing a sales team, preferentially within the building material supply industry. Other industries will be considered.
- Formalized sales/sales management training and professional development.
- Experience utilizing various functions in the Salesforce CRM platform.
- Preferentially, a progressive background in sales, marketing, and promotion with knowledge of the building material supply chain, wood product manufacturing process, home package distribution process, and home manufacturing industry.
- The ability to interact effectively with people of all backgrounds and roles.
- A high-energy, career-focused personality with a passion for success and accomplishment.
- A team player attitude with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs.
A competitive compensation structure is available.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you retain the necessary skills and mindset to facilitate more growth at an already successful company, please submit your resume and cover letter by December 31, 2022
We look forward to hearing from you