Nelson Lumber Company Ltd., a progressive, well-established, 100% Canadian-owned with operations throughout Western Canada for over 70 years; has an exciting opportunity for a Truss Builder who wants to join our team in Grande Prairie. The best candidate will be someone who enjoys personal growth alongside our ever-expanding business operations and operate within the guidelines set out by the Manager. His/Her main task will be to assist the Senior Truss Assembler in manufacturing trusses.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in setting up production table
- Move materials required to the production area
- Participates in production, including placement of wood, connector plates, truss markings & truss removal from jig
- Will observe company safety rules
- Maintains workstations cleanliness & order
- Other duties as assigned
- No formal training is required. Must be reliable, mature & self-motivated. On-the-job training is available. Previous truss manufacturing would be considered an asset.
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We look forward to hearing from you